Saturday, January 10, 2009

Lake Elizabeth Explored!!!

My photographic eye was itching for the past few days, however making exclusive photography trips to popular destinations was not an affordable option (that too in this recession). I decided to explore the areas around Fremont. I finalized on lake Elizabeth which was just 2 miles from my place.

Joy suggested that I try early morning photography. I got up at 6:30 am for this photoshoot to take advantage of early morning light (that too on Saturday where my usual wake time is somewhere around 12-1:00 pm). I really could not catch the early morning light though :-(

Lake Elizabeth is a beautiful place with a 3 mile jogging trail around the lake. It also has boating facility near the lake. This place is a treat for bird watchers (both 'flying' and 'jogging' birds ;))

Here are some of the photographs from this photo shoot. The first one below is of (flying) birds bathing on the shore. Sorry I am not really into watching flying birds so dont know their category:(

Ducks bathing on shore

The second one is the reflection of the grass in the water (too informative, isnt it? :))


The next two are of people who are into fitness world. The bunch of chinki people were practising some kind of martial arts. I think it is 'Tai chi' based on my limited knowledge about martial arts. I was surprised to see only chinki people practising that, but when I went near I understood the reason for the same. The music and instructions were in their languague :)



Location: Lake Elizabeth, Fremont, CA
Camera: Nikon D80

10 comments:

Parasmani said...

Could not catch the morning light at 6:30 am!!!? I know Fremont is far from the Arctic Circle, when is the sunrise in winter???
Now, I am no bird expert but let us see what these are not... Herons? Na..these look too distracted and the legs are short. Ducks? Nop! too white for those, right? Egrets? Naaa..the neck is not long enough. Swans? ...un.un..not regal enough. Palicans...may be??

I enjoyed the photos. I wish..I could take good photos like these.

Smitha said...

Liked the first pic with the birds the most :-) Fremont ke aas paas bhi interesting places hai huh! :-)

Anonymous said...

Great photos! I appreciate your sense of humor :)

Msjbelle said...

Stunning! Keep up the good work;)

Vaishali said...

Interesting pics. I like the orange hue.

~vagabond~ said...

Loved the first photo from the series. Everything always looks so much more beautiful in the first light of the day.

PS. Thanks for visiting my blog. :)

Photographer Pappu!!! said...

Paras, thanks for visiting. You are multitalented. I did not know any category other than ducks and swans :) I think I can identify crow and sparrow easily :)You wish you could take good photos and I wish could sing like you (in male voice though :))

Smitha, Dhanyabhaag hamaare jo aap hamaare blog padhaare :)

Arun, Thanks for visiting, I couldnt open your blog though. It crashes, dunno why.

iluvpsp, vaishali, vagabond.. Thanks a lot for stopping by.

humanobserver said...

Beautiful snaps...They look so sharp...

Dinesh Pithia said...

Great photos. I liked that golden morning dust tinge on all the pictures. I wish.....I could wake up early and take good pictures like you. I enjoy your humorous touch in writing. Excellent work!

Now listen to your farmaish "Oh re Taal Mile"

me said...

Any wide angle shots?