Tuesday, November 11, 2008

The Running Train

This is my first black and white post on the blog (The original pic was not B&W, I photoshopped it ). Many people have asked me about the way I clicked this pic without getting hit by the train. The first thing is that it is not an oncoming train, it was going away from the camera and the second thing is that I used the zoom lens. So even if it was an oncoming train, it would not have hit me.

This was one of the early images from my Nikon D80. I was very eager to click something with the camera, so we decided to head to Martinez to click something. Finally ended up clicking a few shots of Amtrak trains. I was not particularly happy with the original image, but after cropping a bit, modifying colors and making it B&W, I started liking it. Here is the final one.

Location: Martinez Amtrak station
Camera: Nikon D80
Click on the image for the best results.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

American Swantatryapurvichya kalatil train .....

Anonymous said...

Photu ka description train se bhi jyada lamba hai...Nice photo

Nandita M said...

I really like seeing b/w photos. This one has come out very well. I was also wondering how the train didn't hit you! Good you clarified in your description.

Akshay said...

I am still to get a good camera.... lets see when that happens.... this looks good!!

Slogan Murugan said...

I love it. And I have a soft corner for train pics :)

divsi said...

not all fotographers give descriptions as to wen how wer dey clicked stuff:) nice to c ure a pleasant exception!