Friday, November 14, 2008

चंदामामा!!!!!


On the occasion of the Tiranga painted impact probe landing successfully on the lunar surface, I remembered one of the moon photograph that I had clicked in 2005. I decided to post it here.

Never imagined an Indian impact probe would land somewhere on that pic! It is the same moon that causes low/high tides and it is the same moon on which countless bollywood songs are written (chandamama so gaye, dum bhar jo edhar muh fere, dheere dheere chal, khoya khoya chand etc )

Clicking this snap was not easy. That was the first time I was experimenting with shutter speed and exposure compensation seriously. I had to struggle for half an hour before I got this one. Today I wish, I had not used the digital zoom :(

Camera: Minolta Dimage Z1

Location: Sky :)


7 comments:

Parasmani said...

Beautiful...!
I have tried to probe into the heavens with my telescope at times..

Other songs...to name a few..
Chaand phir nikla (Paying guest)
Chandaa re, chandaa re chup rehna (Lajvanti)
Chanda mama mere dwar aana(Lajvanti)
O raat ke musafir (Miss Mary)
O chaand jahan wo (Sharda)

Anonymous said...

nice one, it must have been really difficult to click this one..

Akshay said...

wah wah.... kya baat hai.....

Anonymous said...

pravin, i think u had clicked the chandamama on our trip to dapoli...rite?
ginnie

Photographer Pappu!!! said...

Paras, thanks a lot for adding to my song list. I did not know some of them,

anonymous, thanks a lot for your comments. Wish you had left your name.

Akshay ji, Dhanywaad.. It's time you update your blog.

Sweety, it was clicked from the terrace of Shambhu Vihar Pune. In Dapoli, I had done the video recording in JP's handy cam.

RAWNIE said...

this ones fantastic man!....great shot:)

Photographer Pappu!!! said...

RAWNIE, thanks for stopping by.