Tuesday, April 7, 2009

Berkley Botanical Garden and bird photography

I knew that I was bad at macro photography (not that I am any better now) and wanted to improve my macro photography skills, so when Prakash asked me to join him at Berkley Botanical Garden, I decided to join him. Also I wanted to use the new tripod too :)

I got up at 6:45 am (that too on Sunday) and got ready. We reached the garden at 8:45 am and waited for the garden to open. It opens at 9:00 am. I was feeling sleepy. I wished I could have slept for those 15 mins at home. There are lots of phool paudhe in the garden. They have put a description for each phool paudha. In fact many places just the description was there but no phool paudha:)

It was quite disappointing trip though as there weren't lots of greenary and did not get any photographs the way I wanted them. Here are some of them.
some flower
White Jaswandi
This post was in saved state for a long time. I had been to Stevens Canyon Creek park in Cupertino for capturing a few birds in my lens after that. I did not get a good shot that time. Finally found this jodi on my patio only :)
jodi1
Jodi
Location: Berkley Botanical Garden and my patio, CA
Camera: Nikon D80

3 comments:

Parasmani said...

"In fact many places just the description was there but no phool paudha:)"
Those are called "seasonals"...just kidding!

That Orange color of the flower is worth the trip.
I have a lot of fauna and some flora in my vast, wooded habitat....I will post my homework for your critique.
Those birds are a cute pair.

charags said...

Pravin, you're almost making me take up my camera again! and that itself is proof of how wonderful your pix usually are.

Ahem, well I agree with you. Not the best macros.

But the 2nd pair of birds is great! Nice contrasts in fore and back ground.

Keep clicking :)

Abhijit Dharmadhikari said...

nice birds captured..nice pix on yr blog:-)