Tuesday, October 21, 2008

Oregon fall 2008






I always wanted to see the fall colors. I missed the opportunity in 2001 when just before fall I returned to India from Canada. In 2006 I landed in California but the state of California is not known for the bright fall colors. The nearest decent place for seeing the fall colors is the Oregon state. In 2007, we made plans to go to Oregon but for some reasons they were cancelled. 2008 plans were also following the footsteps of 2007 plan but I was determined to go this year. If required, I was ready to go alone.
Finally, Abhishek and Pranav decided to join me and we headed towards Portland, OR in my car. We left Fremont, CA on Friday evening and came on Monday early morning. These are some of the pics clicked in Oregon. Some quick facts on the trip:
Places Visited : Portland, Columbia river gorge, Mt. Hood river, Bend, Sea of lava, Scenic Hwy 126, McKenzie river, Oregon coast.
Total distance covered: 1771.2 miles = 2850.47 kms (Drove alone)
Camera used: Nikon D80

4 comments:

chaos said...

lovely pics

Parasmani said...

So beautiful!
I would like to learn from you.
I was there too in October and did see the nice fall colors.

Nancy Lovering said...

Awesome leaf shots!! Nice work :-)

divsi said...

i always luv leaf shots with dew drops:)
the second pik is amazin!